Employee perks have been proven to boost company culture, increase efficiency and productivity, and positively influence retention–overall creating greater company outcomes.
Types of employee perks can include things such as, but not limited to:
- Health insurance
- Provided meals
- Stock options
- Study reimbursements
- Flexible work arrangements
- Novelty work environments (such as a slide or meditation room)
- Coffee machines
But with an infinite number of potential perks to implement in your workplace, how do you know what actually matters to employees?
Our partners Seek recently surveyed 4,800 Australians and 4,000 New Zealanders on their preference of employee perks.
The survey found both Australians (59%) and New Zealanders (49%) valued ‘Flexible Work Arrangements’ as the most appealing employment perk.
‘Extra Superannuation Contributions’ and ‘Unlimited Leave’ were ranked second and third by Australians.
Comparatively, ‘Insurance’ and ‘Professional Development’ came in second and third by New Zealanders
The below infographic outlines the top 10 most appealing perks & benefits companies can offer employees as ranked by Australian employees.
- Flexible working arrangements (59%)
- Extra superannuation (35%)
- Unlimited leave (31%)
- Professional development (26%)
- Insurance/finance discounts (19%)
- Lease car (19%)
- Additional paid parental leave (17%)
- Purchase extra annual leave (15%)
- Health / Wellness programs (14%)
- Free food & coffee machines (12%)