As you may be aware, on July 1, the Australian minimum wage is increasing by 3%.
- The new national minimum wage will be $740.80 per week or $19.49 per hour.
- There will be a 3.0% rise to all of the modern award rates
The increase applies from the first full pay period starting on or after 1 July 2019.
To view the changes to the modern award rates, please use Fair Work’s pay calculator.
Changes to penalty rates
- The wage increase applies to penalty rates.
- Change to the Sunday penalty rates in the Hospitality and Fast Food awards
- Increase to penalty rates in the Pharmacy and Retail awards.
Read more here.
On Sidekicker, this means:
- 3.0% rise for all rates in our platform tied to the modern award
- We are increasing “no award” categories by 3.0%
We’ll be updating the Sidekicker platform to reflect this from July 1, and all shifts completed from July 1 onwards will be automatically updated to the new rates.
You can read more information about the increase on Fair Work, or don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions!