The Royal Melbourne Show, organised by The Royal Agricultural Society of Victoria (RASV), is an agricultural show held at Melbourne Showgrounds for 11 days every September. A quintessential Melbourne event, each year the Show attracts attendances of up to half a million people.
To facilitate the Show, RASV requires hundreds of additional staff–from manual labour to ticketing to customer service. As the Show is such a large event and the staff are required for such a short tenure–thus the time and cost of recruiting and employing staff would be a poor use of resources–they leverage external staffing providers.
RASV x Sidekicker
In 2018, RASV made the decision to switch from a traditional labour-hire firm to Sidekicker.
Sidekicker is now the sole staffing provider for RASV, providing 250+ staff per day for the 11 day of the Show across Setup & Packdown, Ticketing, Customer Service, Event Assistants, Showbag Sellers, Supervisors and Pavilion Attendants.
Sidekicker’s fully managed solution also included, but is not limited to, the following services:
- Dedicated recruitment drives
- Onsite team to manage all staff, including training, inductions and check-ins for the duration of the event
- Dedicated account management team, available 24/7 for the duration of the event
- Used real-time data to drive countless cost efficiencies by clearly identifying when overtime and penalty rates could be avoided and rostering staff accordingly
- Comprehensive live reporting dashboard, and post-event insights & analysis
- 1,905 shifts, with a total of 290 Sidekicks who worked 12,000 hours
- 100% compliance (Working With Children Checks) through our platform’s inbuilt Certificates Engine
- 100% fill rate
- Our technology enabled us to maximise staff frequency–the average shifts per Sidekick was 7–whilst also driving cost efficiencies by clearly identifying when overtime and penalty rates could be avoided
What RASV says:
“Having worked together for the first time for the Royal Melbourne Show in 2018, Sidekicker has already proved themselves to be an exceptional staffing partner. The decision to transition from our previous traditional staffing provider to Sidekicker’s technology-driven solution was a big one, but we could not be happier with the impact it’s had for us.
The team at Sidekicker are passionate, smart and experts at what they do. From planning to execution they were a pleasure to work with. The event ran really well which made it easier to focus on our core business and rest assured that the workforce management was under control. Sidekicker is the perfect combination of service and innovative technology, and we can’t wait to continue working with them to make our events world-class”– Dianne Silvestro, People & Culture Director, RASV.