Uber has completely revolutionised the transportation industry–connecting people needing a ride with people looking to earn extra money driving through technology–and is currently in over 630 cities around the world.
Launching in Australia and New Zealand Uber has had an aggressive growth strategy. They required a staffing solution which would enable them to access high quality talent quickly and cost-effectively across a gamut of skills, roles and locations, yet stay flexible as they scaled.
- Sidekicker has managed Uber’s contract workforce since their launch, as well as recruiting for several permanent roles when necessary, helping them scale their workforce across ANZ (including regional locations).
- Sidekicker is now entrenched in Uber’s staffing operation, with 66 Users, 69 Talent Pools and 16 Sites in their Sidekicker account.
- As two dynamic and rapidly growing startups, throughout our partnership with Uber we have regularly adapted our recruitment processes to support their ever-changing requirements–from implementing permanent recruitment processes to providing real-time reporting dashboards segmented by hiring department and manager.
- Uber has 334 Templates, pre-loaded with information like location, Talent Pools and company information, which enables them to create requests, and send them to the right staff in seconds.
- Sidekicker has to date provided hundreds of temp, contract and perm staff across the following fields/roles:
- Customer Support Officer, Administrative Assistant, Operations Support Officer, Research and Customer Insight Executive, Project Coordinator, Recruitment Coordinator, Accounts Coordinator, Event assistants, Phone sales, Brand ambassadors, Office Manager
- Sidekicker staff have maintaining an average staff star rating of 4.99 / 5.
- Uber has been instrumental in collaborating with our team to drive product development.
- Uber has customised their account to suit their needs (e.g. departments with limited user access)
- Uber uses the transparent nature of platform as well as a custom live dashboard in our reporting system, Periscope, to view data like who has viewed shifts, applied for shifts, and how many times they have done so–at individual and team level.
- Uber’s central staffing team can ensure their workforce is evenly and optimally distributed across all departments and locations, with the right staff working the right shifts.
Having access to our own Sidekicks on demand has helped Uber grow rapidly in Australia and New Zealand while keeping our core team lean but well supported.”
Simon Rossi, General Manager of Uber ANZ
“Sidekicker is an integral part of our business, and lets us focus on our clients’ needs and getting them the best possible outcomes” Ryan Vincent, Operations Director, Retail Tasker