So you’re on the hunt for an administrator and wish you had a simple job description template to use hey?
Well, you’ve come to the right place. We believe job descriptions should be jargon-free and easy to personalise for your company.
We’ve seen hundreds of job descriptions for temporary business support staff processed through Sidekicker and we want to share what we’ve learned.
The purpose of a job description is to give your new hire or temp a guideline for what they are responsible for–outlining goals, expectations and skillsets required to confidently complete the job.
It can be very easy to overlook the importance of clear goals and guidelines when it comes to your temps.
However, when hiring a temporary administrative staff member, it’s still just as important to have a clear job description, because the motivations behind employee performance still apply to your temps.
You can use this job description template to paste into your job ad on Seek, use if you request an admin temp on Sidekicker or help guide your interview questions.
Your Copy & Paste Administrator Job Description Template
As the administrator of [insert company name], you are responsible for the smooth running of our office environment, while providing fantastic support to the wider team.
You are self-motivated and trustworthy, with outstanding attention to detail.
As the first point of contact with visitors and clients, it is integral that you maintain a friendly and approachable attitude.
To thrive in this role you will have:
- Basic software knowledge
- A keen eye for detail
- A high level of concentration
- Excellent communication skills and a fantastic attitude
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- [Insert relevant software] experience essential
This role is mainly administrative, and you will be part of the [insert department here] providing day-to-day support across the following:
- Managing incoming calls, email enquiries and office visits
- Supporting various departments with administrative work such as updating our CRM, customer accounts and inputting data into spreadsheets
- Scheduling and tracking meetings and appointments, diary management and arranging appointments, booking meeting rooms and conference facilities
- Booking flights and travel arrangements for staff
- Managing office equipment & refilling office supplies
- Assist with invoicing, and bookkeeping
- Organising, arranging and coordinating meetings
- General office management such as ordering stationery