If you’ve landed on this page, we’re guessing you have an event coming up that you need to hire an Event Manager for.
And you’re wishing you had a really simple Event Manager job description template to use to attract the right person for the job.
If we’ve guessed correctly, you’ve come to the right place!
At Sidekicker, we think job description templates should be jargon-free and really easy to customise to your business needs.
We’ve seen hundreds of job descriptions for event managers, event assistants and event supervisors processed through our temporary staffing platform, and we are here to share what we’ve learnt.
The purpose of a job description is to give your new hire a guideline for what they are responsible for–outlining goals, expectations and skillsets required to confidently complete the job.
It can be very easy to overlook the importance of providing clear goals and guidelines when it comes to your staff, especially if it’s for a casual or temporary role.
You can use this job description template below when you post the role on a job board such as Seek, or if you want to request a short-term role on Sidekicker. Whether it be a festival, a wedding, a corporate function or new product launch, this template is your starting point.
Your Copy & Paste Event Manager Job Description Template
As the event manager for [insert company name], you will be responsible for coordinating and managing our events in the lead up to, and on the day of the event.
You will be required to work in a range of environments and with a number of key stakeholders, meaning the ability to quickly adapt and communicate with excellence will play a key part of your role.
Duties & Responsibilities of an Event Manager
- Project management and operational coordination of the event, from planning to execution
- Developing, managing and maintaining supplier, stakeholder and client relationships (investors, DJs, caterers, etc)
- Budget/administration management
- Hiring, managing and supervising staff required for the event (bartenders, wait staff, event assistants, etc)
- Providing leadership, motivation, direction and support to your team
- Post-event reporting and analysis
- Assisting the marketing team with event promotions
To thrive in this role you will have:
- Fantastic communication skills
- The ability to lead and motivate a team
- Proven budget management skills
- Project management experience
- Ability to cope under pressure and adapt to changes quickly