Currently hiring a customer service representative and in need of a great job description template?
Look no further! We have crafted a simple template that will help attract the best person for the role.
We see all sorts of customer service rep job requests posted on Sidekicker, alongside hundreds of other business administration type roles.
So, we are going to take some of that hard work off your hands and share what we’ve learnt.
Enjoy using this Customer Service Representation job description template as a job ad on Seek, to post as a request on Sidekicker or help guide your interview questions.
Here is your Customer Service Representation job description template
As a Customer Service Representative of [insert company name], it is your responsibility to assess and fulfil customer needs by exerting a great deal of knowledge, empathy and professionalism.
You are people-orientated and adaptable, with outstanding problem-solving skills.
Being a constant point of contact for customers, you have the opportunity to create and/or completely transform a customer’s experience with our company. For this reason, it is integral that you are friendly and well-informed in your approach.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Confidence on the phone
- Basic data entry knowledge
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and manage time effectively
- Ability to retain and recall important information
- Capacity to work independently and proactively
- High aptitude for following communication guidelines, procedures and policies
This role is customer-focused, and you will be part of the [insert department here] providing day-to-day support across the following:
- Managing large amounts of incoming calls and email enquiries
- Answering detailed product and service questions
- Identifying and fulfilling customer needs to achieve satisfaction
- Handling complaints, providing appropriate solutions and alternatives
- Keeping records of customer interactions, processing customer accounts and filing documents
- Reading and learning scripts
- Compiling reports on overall customer satisfaction