The Australian Promotional Product Association (APPA) is the professional trade association for the promotional products and marketing industry in Australasia, representing over 900 companies.
Prior to finding Sidekicker, APPA were faced with the following challenges:
- Being extremely busy during the events and trade show season left APPA under-resourced during peak periods
- The traditional hiring process cost APPA thousands of dollars in time and money–spent writing job ads, sorting through resumes, interviewing and onboarding people–all for short-term roles
- APPA was only discovering that new team members were not the right cultural fit until they had already invested in onboarding and training new employees
When APPA CEO Steve Granland first found Sidekicker, he was enticed by three key things:
- Transparency: Sidekicker is starkly different to traditional temp firms, as it allowed Steve to view staff profiles (or mini-resumes), which include ratings and reviews from previous employers.
- Quality: Steve was thoroughly impressed with the quality, consistency and depth of Sidekicks available for hire.
- Compliance: Sidekicker has the modern award rate system built into their platform, making compliance a breeze.
APPA uses Sidekicker to scale their workforce to support their events and trade shows without having to commit to long-term recruitment.
- Saved approximately $5,500 in time previously spent on traditional recruitment
- Loved one of their Sidekicks so much they offered them a full-time role via Sidekicker’s temp to perm offering. The process mitigated the risk of committing to onboarding and contracts prior to truly understanding if the candidate was the perfect cultural fit.